Monday, October 17, 2005
Don't tempt me
On Friday I got my deli sandwich from the cafeteria (only day I didn't bring my lunch last week) cafeteria deli sandwiches made-to-order is one of the only things that don't scare me there. I didn't ask for tomatoes on my sandwich. Of course what does the guy go and have to ask? You don't like tomatoes? Which is like putting a step stool next to the soapbox. Some how I managed to keep it short and reply that I only liked homegrown tomatoes. Again the guy continues the conversation, why don't you bring in one of your homegrown tomatoes and we will slice it for your sandwich (like his sandwich is worthy of one of my home-grown tomatoes). Again I responded briefly, my plants are dead now. What was I going to do have a twenty-minute conversation with the deli sandwich guy about how his tomatoes have probably never seen real sunlight since they were picked when they were green? Or that they are tasteless and mealy? No he got off easy with a smile.
Comments:
<< Home
In one short post, you've managed to
comfortably situate yourself somewhere between a godfather and a tomato nazi.
One of these days, people will be lining up to experience your out of season tomato wrath.
Post a Comment
comfortably situate yourself somewhere between a godfather and a tomato nazi.
One of these days, people will be lining up to experience your out of season tomato wrath.
<< Home
