Monday, October 10, 2005
Bribery
On Saturday I received my haircut from Madonna. Well, not really, my hair salon decided to do an 80’s costume day and my stylist looked just like Madonna circa early 1980’s (when she was still blond and her hair was long). She even had the fake mole. I was a little alarmed at first. What female wouldn’t be? The eighties was a bad time for hair, thank goodness for Aquanet or we would have all been broke with the amount hair spray we were using.
Later, my hair cut and straightened, I visited my sister and brother-in law. They have two boys, one under six months and the other almost 4 years old. The five month old is an angel the kind of baby one prays for. He doesn’t cry unless extremely tired or hungry. According to his mother he sleeps through the night and in the morning she will find him awake in his crib amusing himself. The older one dealt me my disturbing blow for the weekend. As I was leaving he wouldn’t give me a hug. Not until his father bribed him with some goodie. I wasn’t prepared for this; having a male bribed to hug me is a not usual occurrence. Usually an opposite problem occurs, my hugs are coveted, and some males linger a bit too long. After the bribe I did get two hugs. Was the first hug great and he wanted another, or was the bribe really that good?
I enjoyed my first pomegranatini this weekend; vodka, orange liqueur, pomegranate juice and a squeeze of lime. Refreshing, tasty and expensive, perhaps I should be making these at home. Move over mojitos, it’s pomegrantatini party-time.
Later, my hair cut and straightened, I visited my sister and brother-in law. They have two boys, one under six months and the other almost 4 years old. The five month old is an angel the kind of baby one prays for. He doesn’t cry unless extremely tired or hungry. According to his mother he sleeps through the night and in the morning she will find him awake in his crib amusing himself. The older one dealt me my disturbing blow for the weekend. As I was leaving he wouldn’t give me a hug. Not until his father bribed him with some goodie. I wasn’t prepared for this; having a male bribed to hug me is a not usual occurrence. Usually an opposite problem occurs, my hugs are coveted, and some males linger a bit too long. After the bribe I did get two hugs. Was the first hug great and he wanted another, or was the bribe really that good?
I enjoyed my first pomegranatini this weekend; vodka, orange liqueur, pomegranate juice and a squeeze of lime. Refreshing, tasty and expensive, perhaps I should be making these at home. Move over mojitos, it’s pomegrantatini party-time.
Comments:
<< Home
What kind of confectionery goodness merits two bribed hugs? I'm pretty sure his dad through in the promise of the new Bionicles or something.
Maybe he's already worried about being one of those lingering huggers you complain about, so he's overcompensating.
Post a Comment
<< Home
